Losing loved ones in a tragic explosion brought two generations of a local family to the Community Foundation. George and Betty Seifert together with Betty’s Father, Ken Pyle (1915 – 2012) were seeking a special way to honor beloved family...
We are experts at working with advisors on legacy and estate planning.
Of a recent survey had created a Living Trust
Admitted to procrastinating
We work with advisors so it’s a win – win for everyone!
As a professional advisor you frequently have an opportunity to help your clients achieve their philanthropic goals. The Community Foundation of Greater Rochester can be your partner in addressing your clients’ personal or business goals.
Charitable giving can play a significant role in your client’s planning when they are also making other major decisions related to:
- estate planning
- sale of a business or other major asset
- retirement planning
- unusual financial gain such as a major bonus
The Community Foundation of Greater Rochester is here to support individuals, families, companies, and charitable organizations in making gifts, current or deferred, to accomplish specific charitable goals and benefit their community.
Checklist for Professional Advisors
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but concerned about ongoing administration and cost?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
For information about giving through the Community Foundation or examples of how we have worked with professional advisors to help clients achieve charitable goals, contact us at 248-608-2804.