The Community Foundation of Greater Rochester has Become the Center for Local Philanthropy
The Community Foundation of Greater Rochester is unique. We are literally the "Community's Foundation" because our sole purpose is to identify charitable resources within the Greater Rochester area and preserve those resources for the community’s benefit.
The Community Foundation of Greater Rochester is committed to enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the Greater Rochester area by providing leadership in building community endowments and local grantmaking.
The Foundation serves as a catalyst for change, a partner with other local groups and a resource to provide solutions for current and emerging community needs.
Community Foundation of Greater Rochester Vital Statistics
- Established in 1983
- Community Foundation of Greater Rochester has more than 100 funds
- Foundation assets are in excess of $7.8 million
- More than $700,000 in annual grants distributed locally
- More than $9.4 million returned to our community in cumulative grants and distributions since our founding
- More than 23,000 donors supporting the Foundation initiatives since 1983